One of the first cake recipes I learned to make using the TupperWave® Stack Cooker was the Pineapple Upside Down Cake and I have never made it any other way since.
This recipe is so easy even the kids can do this!
Serves 8 – 10 people.
How to make a Pineapple Upside Down Cake in the microwave.Course: DessertDifficulty: Easy
2 Tbsp butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 can (8 oz) sliced pineapple
1 pkg (18.25 oz) yellow or pineapple cake mix batter, prepared according to package, reduce water to 1 cup
- In the TupperWave® Stack Cooker 3 quart casserole with cone in center, melt butter and brown sugar in the microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Place pineapple slices around cone. Place a cherry in each pineapple slice center and in between slices of pineapple.
- Pour prepared cake batter over the pineapple and cherries.
- Place cover inverted on microwave floor or turntable. Place casserole in microwave on the cover and microwave on high power for 10-12 minutes, rotating disk 1/4 turn every 2 minutes if you don’t have a turntable. Cake should be slightly moist on top.
- Remove from microwave and let stand for 5-10 minutes before turning out.
- Invert onto serving dish.