Did you know that the MicroPro® Grill is great for grilling and baking? In fact, you can bake your cornbread in the microwave and then grill it to golden-brown perfection without having to turn on your oven or your stove!
CornbreadCourse: SidesCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
The MicroPro® Grill is not only great for grilling but baking, too.
In this recipe, we both bake and grill cornbread using the MicroPro® Grill. You could use any cornbread recipe; you will have to test the length of time for baking in the microwave, starting around 5 minutes at 70% power. If the cornbread is still wet, continue to bake in the microwave in one-minute increments at 70% power until the bread is fully baked.
Grilling should not take more than 3 minutes at 70% power.
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup coarse cornmeal
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 large eggs
1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
3/4 cup buttermilk
- In the Thatsa® Bowl, whisk all the ingredients together until smooth. Allow the batter to rest for 5 minutes.
- Place the Pro Ring in the base of the MicroPro® Grill and pour 3/4 cup of batter into the Ring.
- Place cover on in the casserole position and microwave for 5 minutes at 70% power.
- Using oven gloves, remove the Pro Ring and flip the cornbread using a non-metal spatula. Place cover in the grill position and microwave for 2 minutes at 70% power.
- Repeat steps 2-4 with the remaining batter.
- Serve warm with butter (optional).
- While you can make your own buttermilk by adding 2 tsp of lemon juice or vinegar to 3/4 cup of whole milk, I prefer to have actual buttermilk for this recipe (I tried lemon juice and vinegar and didn’t like either alternative).