One of the benefits of using the MicroPro® Grill is not having to preheat the oven. These mini pepper pizzas make for a quick and easy appetizer or afternoon snack that even the kids can do this without burning the house down!
This recipe replaces pizza dough with green peppers, which makes a great alternative for a lighter snack.
How to make mini pepper pizzas in the MicroPro® GrillCourse: AppetizersCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Mike and I make mini pepper pizzas in the MicroPro® Grill. Instead of using pizza crust, we are using green bell peppers.
4 bell peppers
1/2 cup pizza sauce
2 cups mozzarella, grated
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
1/3 cup pepperoni
- Cut the bottom and top off of the peppers, then cut into quarters or thirds so that you have flat slices to work with. Place in one layer of peppers, skin-side facing down, into the base of the MicroPro® Grill.
- Spoon sauce onto each pepper. Sprinkle with cheeses and top with pepperoni.
- Put the cover in casserole position and then microwave for 6 to 8 minutes at 80% power until the peppers are crisp-tender and the cheese is melted.
- Repeat for the remaining peppers, reducing the time by 1.5 to 2 minutes after the first batch.
- Feel free to use any other toppings of choice; I used sliced olives with my mini pizzas.
- After your third batch of pizzas made in the microwave, allow it to cool down for a minimum of 10-15 minutes by leaving the door open before using the MicroPro® Grill again.